The leaf of lemon balm, which you can use on your dining table as salad, sauce, and herbal tea. You can easily grow lemon balm seeds in your garden or indoors. It is suitable for growing in small containers. It can be grown in regions where it is very cold. This plant can grow indoors and comfortably.
Ecological Requirements in Balm Plant Cultivation:
The lemon balm plant likes to grow in moist places that are not dry. It is grown more effectively and efficiently in warm and sunny places. Especially sandy-loamy and nutrient-rich soils are the most ideal soils for cultivation. The yield of the lemon balm plant is usually low in the first year and increases in the following year.
Lemon Balm Seeds Sown and Grown:
To get effective seeds from the balm plant, the germination rate should be around 70% at least. The seeds obtained have the opportunity to be used for 2 to 3 years in germination activities. The germination of seeds does not matter much whether the environment is light or dark. A temperature of 20 degrees Celsius is a must for the germination of seeds. The average germination period varies between 15 to 25 days.
Balm Seed Planting Instructions:
- You can plant it outdoors in spring and summer and indoors in four seasons.
- Germination ambient temperature is 20 to 22 degrees.
- Place the seeds in a wet cloth 24 hours before sowing.
- If germination is done in pots, use ready-made soils.
- The distance between the seed pits is 10 to 15 cm. It should be spaced 20 to 25 cm in the open area.
- 2 or 3 seeds should be planted in each seed pit.
- The estimated germination time is 10 to 20 days.
- The soil should have some moisture for germination.
- Seed sowing depth should be 0.5 to 1 cm.
- It is recommended to germinate in a place that sees sunlight.
- When the germinated seedlings are 5 to10 cm, diversion can make.
- Irrigation of the seedling soil should be doing in such a way that the soil structure is not worried.
- Before taking the seedlings out to the direct sunlight, ensure that they get used to the outside environment in semi-shaded areas.
- In the seedling transfers to be made in pots, 20% of the potting soil mortar can be pumice and the remaining can be peat.
- Growing it in sunny places during the day will make your plant better.
Lemon balm is grown in many variants around the world and the benefits of lemon balm vary. The concentration of certain organic compounds differs among lemon balm strains, depending on geographic location, soil type, harvesting conditions, etc. The best part is that growing lemon balm is very cheap and it is very easy to produce seedlings from lemon balm seeds. It does not need to be particularly careful to grow herbs, plant in a garden where it can get plenty of sunlight. It can also purify indoor air and bring you a sweet fragrance.